Saturday, September 19, 2009

Endorsements...

I don’t endorse products often but there are two products that I think every new mother needs.

1) DESITIN...this is why: My son is 6.5 months old and he has never had diaper rash!!! I was told that if you put it on every other diaper then you will avoid diaper rash. Just ask my Nana...one of the first thing is realized was that my baby’s butt was SUPER clean. She said it reflected well on the mother. Well Thank You Desitin!!!! I like being viewed as a good mom. (I keep ahold of those comments for when Jackson is screaming bloody murder and the promise of a 69 Camaro won’t get him to stop!) Furthermore, who doesn’t like a clean baby butt. Secondly, when you have a “big” boy, meaning has rolls everywhere, can’t sit up yet because his head weighs half his total body weight, quadruple chin, etc...it comes into great use. When you have a quadruple chin sometimes foods gets caught under it and the folds become irritated. So I just put Desitin on it and it clears right up. So now one of my new motto’s is: If it is red, put Desitin on it!!! I definitely have become one of those mom’s who hours later finds Desitin underneath her finger nails.

2) Barefoot Dreams Bamboo Chic Blanket: It has to be the most soft, wonderfully feeling blanket I have ever laid my hands on. Jackson was given one by our great friends, The Panters. (THANK YOU) He absolutely loves it. He loves to wrap himself up in it and take a nap (little does he know so does his mommy). The best thing about this blanket is that you can wash it a million times and it still retains its luscious, softness. As a new mother I have learned very quickly that if it can’t be washed or sterilized then there is no place for it in my house. (Yes, I know babies need germs, but Jackson gets plenty from chewing on Sydney’s toys...just kidding) This company also has adult clothes, baby clothes, bedding and much more. I am thinking about getting some sweaters and a baby blanket for chubs. Here is the web address, so check it out: http://www.barefootdreams.com/

1 comment:

granny P said...

I can contest to both of Betsy's comments. When I was there, Jackson had a little red ring around part of his neck, we put Destin on it and it disappeared. Great stuff, even better now then when my kids were small. No mother can have enough Destin. Then the blanket, I used it while I was there, the best blanket I have every used. So soft and warm.