Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Introducing...Jackson Gregory Perkins!!!






Jackson was delivered on 02/27/2009 and weighed 6 lbs 4 oz. He is doing well and we are both glad to be home (finally). The events occurred as follows:

0900pm: Water broke
930pm: Went to the hospital only to be sent home because I was not having contractions at 1130pm
500am: Contractions started however they felt like mild menstrual cramps
600am: Contractions progressively got worse so I called my friend Tracy and she came and took me to the hospital for second time.
715am: Contractions are 8 mins apart
730am: Enema was given (all you women with children know how I appreciated that!!!)
900am: I was finally dilated 4 cm so I received my “walking epidural”
1045am: Dilated 6 cm
1100am-100pm: Really is a blur which I guess means the epidural was working quite well
200pm: Dilated 10 cm, however Jackson was not in the proper position so we had to wait for him to turn
200pm-445pm: Jackson was not cooperating so a few doctors had to be called to see if they could manually turn him (guess it was a debate between two of the docs, hell if I know, not like I understood what they were saying when they were discussing the matter) or if I would have to have a C-section. Luckily, after the handy maneuver of one of the docs, Jackson was finally in the right position.
445pm-453pm: I huffed and puffed and finally pushed Jackson out.

Side Note: When you receive a walking epidural it does not prevent the pain from contractions when you are 10 cm dilated. Thus, you are back in extreme pain. Also, it is harmful to the baby if you are dilated at 10 cm for longer than 2.5 hours, thus the discussion about the C-section. However, most women only are 10 cm dilated with contractions for a short period of time.

Final Note: If I had to do it all over again I would in a heartbeat. Jackson is the best thing that could have ever happened to both Troy and I. We couldn’t be happier!!!

Special thank you to Tracy and Anne who were my “stand in husbands,” I definitely couldn’t have gotten through labor and delivery without them. It meant the world to me that they were there to help me and at such short notice. For those of you who don’t know our family, Troy was in Spain training with his fotball club. He was located in a city that the airport only had two flights per week to Oslo. We really didn’t think Jackson was going to come that early. Many thanks for all your prayers!!!

1 comment:

The McCormick's said...

Oh I'm so glad he's here!! :) Love love the pics, can't wait for the rest of the "info" :) haha.