Friday, February 13, 2009

My Husband...Happy Valentines Day!!!



My Husband

I know I am not one to show my emotions or one to let people know how I am feeling. But over the years I have found this strength, this love, this emotional bond that has overcome my entire being—the love of my husband.

The type of love that even at your weakest moment prevails. The type of love that shines through your darkest moments. A type of love that I could have only found with my husband. My husband is a great man who has a warm heart and is passionate about every aspect of our lives. Sometimes I wonder how I met such an incredible man, my husband.

Simple love-filled gestures bring warmth to my heart like his ever glowing smile, the way he looks down at me and gently kisses my forward, when he grabs my hand with a simple warm embrace, the look of joy in his eyes when he hasn’t seen me in a while, and the simple gentle whisper of ‘I Love You.’
Oh what a man my husband!

But now my loving husband will take on a new role, a loving father. A role that he has been destined to take on; a role that will be far more important than just ‘my husband.’ A role that I know he will conquer fiercely, a role that I believe is his becoming.

I long for the day when his smile becomes proud, when a tiny hand grasps for his hand, when he quickly wipes away scraps and gently picks up falls, when he becomes a hero, and most importantly when he leans over and kisses the forehead of our son.

I realize now that this day is rapidly approaching; a day that will never go unforgotten, the day when my husband becomes a father. However, this will be a day that my love will ever become stronger for my husband.

No comments: