Wednesday, January 7, 2009



Will I ever sleep soundly again?
This is a thought that runs through my mind numerous times a day. I thought that leading up to Jackson’s arrival I would be able to sleep soundly; however this is not the case.

1)For starter’s getting up every 2 hours in the middle of the night to pee is not only troublesome to me but also my lovely husband. He occasionally wakes up and tells me that I get up too much and to be quiet, however he never remembers. I find it quite comical.
2)I am routinely awakened by elbows and knees grinding into my side (no this is not Troy or Sydney). Also the occasional hiccups wake me up, not me, Jackson. I keep telling him he shouldn't eat so fast:) (I however find this fulfilling)
3)The worst is HEARTBURN. (Something that I have never had and hope to never have again after the little one is born)
4)Numb limbs (mainly the arms and hands from sleeping on my side)

I have to keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it come March. Who would have thought Naptime would be so GREAT!!!

2 comments:

The McCormick's said...

Oh BETS! I feel your pain...literally! The sleeping on my side is really getting old, my shoulders and arms are numb. The getting up all night long to go TT is getting really old too, I hear it only gets worse. I used to get upset when I would get up once a night, now I WISH I only had to get up once a night!

Betsy said...

I hate to tell you that it only gets worse the bigger you get. However, waking up to his movements puts me over the moon. Who would have thought you could love something so tiny.