Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dinner Party

Well I have now heard Norwegian rap, country, hip-hop, and blues music. Even though I didn’t understand half of what they were singing it was still amusing. It was a couple of guys who make fun of other artists and at the same time they do a comedy act. They did make up a song about Martin (the head trainer/captain) and Troy. They did try to make the parts about Troy in English. Players and staff were asked to shout out three things about Troy and this is what they shouted out: 1) soon to be daddy, 2) from Ohio, and 3) big balls (meaning he doesn’t have a problem saying what he thinks, however the comedians didn’t seem to get that meaning, of course they thought of something else:) So first they proceeded to sing in Norwegian and got to the point where we were having a “little Norwegian” because Troy was “soon to be a daddy.” Second, they sang about how Troy wishes he wasn’t here (at the dinner party) but rather be in Ohio so that he could understand everything that was being said. Finally, they went on to sing how they were going to call the tabloids because Troy had “big balls!” Totally took that phrase out of context, but it was quite hilarious. Then they did some more stuff, however we didn’t understand most of it. Then they had a game where we answered questions. Of course, since they had picked on Troy, they wanted to pick on me as well. However, they gave me an easy question (Who is the best team in Norway?) and I won Troy and nice down vest. I wanted to say Lillestrom (there biggest rivals) to get a rise out of them like they were Troy and I, but I wanted my baby to make it into this world. Needless to say we had a good time.

No comments: