Sunday, May 25, 2008

My first trip to Ullevaal stadion:

Well, first I decided to look up where I was sitting in the stadium to avoid looking like a retard at my first game. However, upon looking on the emphamous “Google” I found two different sitting charts that had my seats in two different locations, however at least it was on the same side. Thus, I had some direction. Then I proceed to the tube (similar to the subway in NYC) and got onto a train with a crowd or red and blue (Valerenga Colors). I knew I was going to a “big” game when I saw VIF monogrammed onto people’s back jean pockets. Furthermore, on my way to the stadium they were already chanting their song, which of course the only part I understood was “Valerenga.” So finally I get to my stop and everyone else’s stop and don’t know where I am going, but behold the enormous amount of red and blue once I stepped off the train (I knew I was going in the right direction). So then I make the executive decision to just follow the flow of people. When I got to the stadium I proceeded to wait in line (the line was a hell of a lot longer than the women’s bathroom line at intermission of a Beatle’s concert). Then I was told that I had to enter at the section where my seats were. So poo I am at gate 2 and now have to proceed to gate 17 only to wait in another line (I decided to go in the opposite direction, which ended up being wise because there were only 18 gates!!!). However, once I got to gate 17 there was no line and I proceeded to my seats. I have to say that the atmosphere at this game was much greater and full of excitement than any other soccer game, I mean futbol game, than I have ever been to in my entire life (which I know hasn’t been that much). Needless to say I must have brought good luck to Troy because he was named “Player of the Match.” Furthermore, let me say I am married to a STUD!!! Anyways the game was 0-0 and Troy had another shut-out. On a side note the visitor section was quite empty. Second side note: they really take futbol serious over here they had flags made up of all the starter’s faces…I tried taking a close-up but it didn’t turn out great…but the red flags in one of the pictures are there faces…pretty neat! Third side note: if a goal keeper can't see due to the sun they are allowed to wear a cap.





No comments: